This year, we’re offering a brand new training for MDS members as well as current and future volunteers. Find out about the many volunteer opportunities MDS has to offer, learn how you can be more involved with MDS, and learn or refresh your adult dragonfly and damselfly ID skills in both an indoor lab and outdoor field session (weather permitting). Check out the flyer and detailed schedule below, then please RSVP to reserve your space for this training if you're interested in volunteering with MDS!
It will be a busy field season and there are many great ways to get involved with MDS. This is your opportunity to learn more and brush up on your skills before your first net swing! We hope to see you at the training or at another MDS event in the near future. Happy ode-ing!
-Leah Darst, MDS Volunteer Coordinator.
Approximate schedule for this training:
- 10:00- Meet and mingle; light refreshments served
- 10:30- Welcome!
- Dragonfly/damselfly biology basics
- MDS & volunteering overview
- Event and survey tools overview
- 11:45- Break*
- 12:00- Dragonfly & damselfly ID basics
- Outdoor field survey (weather permitting)
- Indoor ID lab
- 2:00- Wrap-up and optional continuation of field/lab time for those who are interested
- 3:00- Training end. Thanks for attending and we hope to see you at our events and surveys!
*We encourage participants to bring their own lunch.
If you have any questions about this training, please e-mail the MDS Volunteer Coordinator.