MDS Annual Meeting & Gathering 2023
Join the Minnesota Dragonfly Society on Saturday, January 28th for our first-ever *hybrid* Annual Meeting & Gathering! You have two options to join:
- In-person: go to the farm entrance of Dodge Nature Center (1701 Charlton Street in West St. Paul), park in the lot, then walk up the paved trail to the white building on the right, & enter on the right side of the building near the clear garage doors.
- Virtually on Zoom: register here. After registering, you will receive an email with a separate link that can be used to join the meeting. Registration is required to join us on Zoom.
In-person guests can enjoy socializing, presentations, activities, food, & the chance to support MDS through our silent auction & merchandise purchases. (Last chance to buy the current t-shirt design before it's retired; limited sizes and colors available!)
- 12:00-12:30 Food/mingling
- 12:30-1:00 Business meeting
- 1:00-1:40 Virtual Presenter: Steve Valley, “The Art and Science of Dragonfly Photography”
- 1:40-2:00 Break and silent auction
- 2:00-2:30 Live Presenters: Kerrie Schaefer and Lily Erickson, Augsburg students studying odonates
- 2:30- 2:45 Break/ close out auction
- 2:45-3:30 Live Presenter: Ron Lawrenz, dragonfly research year-in-review
- 3:30-4:00 Final comments, mingling, and auction cash-out
As always, this gathering is free, but donations are always appreciated. If you would like to donate items for our silent auction or contribute artwork to our odonata art gallery, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before the end of the day on Wednesday, January 18th.